SI Group has an ambitious vision – to become the global additives powerhouse. We are on a transformative journey to fulfill this vision, and we recognize the need to continually build on our foundation of sustainability and corporate social responsibility to be successful. As a leading performance additives provider, we also recognize we have an opportunity to make widespread impact through innovative chemistries and our actions as a company. To that end, we have intensified our focus on sustainability to operate with a continuous improvement mindset.
Utilizing the GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards, we have put context around our sustainability approach for our company, customers, suppliers, and stakeholders in our first ESG Report capturing the 2021 reporting period.
Read the report now
Our sustainability efforts are focused on five areas that we believe are most impactful and where we can make a difference:
We set targets that can be influenced in the near and medium term. Together, we will continuously drive improvement towards our targets each year, aligning around the standards and initiatives that will fuel our future growth.
Reduction of Carbon Emissions Intensity by 2030
Reduction targets for two sites within high water stressed areas Introduce sustainable water management by water metering at all sites by 2030
Reduction in waste intensity through process efficiency and beneficial reuse by 2030
Percent of women in management positions by 2030
Percent of direct spend covered with sustainability evaluations by 2030
- Collected baseline measurements for key metrics
- Set targets to improve our sustainability and corporate social responsibility
- Rated in the top 5% of over 50,000 companies assessed
- Improved score from previous silver rating
- Reduced our GHG intensity by more than 5% from 2020 to 2021
- Received Energy Leadership Award from TXU Energy for demonstrating excellence in managing electricity consumption
- Launched DEI Council to establish roadmap and action plan, including global DEI training
- Conducted VOICE employee engagement survey with 79% participationy
- Upheld ISO 14001 and ACC Responsible Care standards- Launched Perfect Day initiative to enhance focus on safety
- Launched new brand for plastics recycling, EVERCYCLE™ additive solutions for mechanical plastics recycling
- Published our first Supplier Code of Conduct
At SI Group, our transformative focus on sustainability will enable our future success as the global performance additives powerhouse. Together, we own our actions; it is a choice we make to lead with integrity, take accountability, and provide solutions that make a difference for both the company and our global communities. Together, we will continuously drive improvement towards our targets each year, aligning around the standards and initiatives that will fuel our future growth.
Read the report now
If you have questions pertaining to SI Group’s ESG Report or sustainability efforts, please firstname.lastname@example.org