ph: + 1.413.684.2463
Industry Award Recognizes World-Class Environment, Health & Safety Initiatives
SCHENECTADY, NY – May 17, 2016 – SI Group, a leading global developer and manufacturer of chemical intermediates, specialty resins, and solutions was presented with the Responsible Care® Facility Safety Award by the American Chemistry Council (ACC). The Responsible Care® Facility Safety Award is presented to companies with exemplary performance in employee health and safety. ACC Responsible Care® award winners are selected by a committee made up of internal and external experts.
“This award recognizes our relentless and long-standing commitment to protecting our employees, communities, and the environment in which we all live,” said Frank Bozich, President & CEO at SI Group. “This is our 25th year as a Responsible Care® company, and as we look to the future, we remain unwavering in our commitment to safety.”
Last month, SI Group received a silver award for corporate social responsibility from EcoVadis, an international organization that provides sustainability ratings for global supply chains. SI Group was ranked among the top 13 percent of more than 25,000 worldwide companies assessed by EcoVadis.
Responsible Care® fast facts:
- Responsible Care® is a global initiative that began in Canada in 1984, and is practiced today by 58 national and regional associations in more than 60 economies around the world
- ACC member companies have invested $14 billion to further enhance security at their facilities over the past decade
- Responsible Care® companies have reduced process safety incidents by 53 percent since 1995
- Responsible Care® companies are committed to worker safety, and are nearly five times safer than the average of the U.S. manufacturing sector as a whole, and three times as safe as the business of chemistry overall
- From 1988 to 2013, Responsible Care® companies have reduced hazardous releases to the air, land, and water by more than 75 percent
- Responsible Care® companies have improved their energy efficiency by 24 percent since 1992
The American Chemistry Council's (ACC's) mission is to deliver business value through exceptional advocacy using best-in-class member performance, political engagement, communications and scientific research. We are committed to sustainable development by fostering progress in our economy, environment and society.
ACC is America’s oldest trade association of its kind, representing companies engaged in the business of chemistry—an innovative, $801 billion enterprise that is helping solve the biggest challenges facing our nation and the world. For more information, visit www.americanchemistry.com.
About SI Group
SI Group is a leading global developer and manufacturer of chemical intermediates, specialty resins, and solutions that are critical to the quality and performance of countless industrial and consumer goods. Founded in 1906 and headquartered in Schenectady, New York, SI Group is a family-owned company with over 2,700 employees worldwide. SI Group operates 20 manufacturing facilities on five continents with $1.6 billion in annual sales. SI Group is The Substance Inside. For more information, visit www.siigroup.com.
# # #